About 300 members of the SIMC Volunteer groups are involved in the Competition as one of the main pillars of its operation. Thanks to their energetic activities, the Competition is known to be able to provide warm hospitality.
(1) There are four activity groups as below:
- Hall Arrangement Support Group
- Public Relations and Publicity Support Group
- Contestants Support Group
- Home Stay Arrangements Group
(2) Major activities/projects carried out by the SIMC Volunteer members
- Under the name of “Volunteer Projects”, special events and/or mini concerts are planned and carried out by the Volunteer group members at the time when the prizewinners return to Sendai for recitals to be given as part of their prizes.
- During the Competition period, operation of the related concerts to be performed by the Contestants is supported by the Volunteer members.
Trainings for the Volunteer members:
Study session/workshops, etc. are held for the Volunteer members to provide them with helpful information. English conversation study sessions or lectures given by inviting experts in the related fields, etc., are planned and held.